Priority Registration is a 48-hour window of time immediately before Eiger Ultra Trail by UTMB's general registration opens, where exclusive groups are invited to register early. The benefits of early registration are:
• first opportunity to secure a spot in the race and therefore greatest likelihood of getting a place in the desired race
• in most cases, access to the lowest price tiers
A limited number of race entries are available during the priority registration period, with a portion of entries reserved for general opening. This means priority registrations may sell out during the priority registration window, so it is first come first served! If the priority allocation sells out, please try again during general registration opening.
Runners holding a valid UTMB Index will be offered access to registration during the priority registration period.
The priority registration window is open for 48 hours before general registration opening. Please note that priority registration places are limited, so they may sell out during the priority registration window! If the priority allocation sells out, please try again during general registration opening.
The UTMB index is a formula developed by the UTMB World Series designed to assess the performance level of trail runners globally, based on their results from taking part in UTMB World Series events and UTMB Index races. View it here: UTMB Index.
• To receive 48 hours priority entry to all UTMB World Series non-lottery events.
• Holding a valid UTMB Index is mandatory to enter the UTMB World Series Finals lottery (UTMB, CCC and OCC races at UTMB Mont-Blanc).
If you have completed a UTMB World Series event or a UTMB Iindex race (there’s over 4,000 worldwide) in the past two years, you will have a valid UTMB Iindex. Click here to find your name.
• In most cases, simply holding a valid UTMB Index is sufficient to gain you priority access. However, if your race has a safety requirement, you must have a UTMB Index for that respective distance, or a greater distance.
• In your My UTMB account or on your My UTMB Index public listing, you will see a table under the heading UTMB Index which lists the different distance categories of 20K, 50K, 100K and 100M.
• If you have a valid UTMB Index, a number will appear under the UTMB Index. A number under any of the specific distances shows you have a valid Iindex for that distance.
• To register during the priority window, check that you have a valid UTMB Index.
Example of a valid UTMB Index:
Example of a UTMB Index that is NOT valid:
• Visit the registration page and simply complete the registration form.
• After connecting or creating your My UTMB account, the system will recognize your first name, last name and date of birth, match it against your UTMB Index results and will grant you access to complete the registration.
Please note that priority registration places are limited, so it may sell out during the priority registration window! If the priority registration allocation sells out, please try again during general registration opening.
• Double check that your first name, last name and date of birth is entered exactly the way it is written for previous races you have completed.
• If you have a My UTMB account, enter the same email address you used to register for your My UTMB Account.
• Check that the priority registration window is still open, and priority registration places are not sold out.
• Check that your UTMB Index is still valid at the time you are trying to register (Index expires after 24 months).
• Check that you meet any safety UTMB Index requirements if relevant for your race.
• If you still can’t register and have a valid UTMB Index, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two main reasons why your results may not show:
Your race is not a UTMB World Series Event and/or UTMB Index race. Please check the race calendar to see if it is registered as a UTMB Index race. If the race does not feature in the list then you will need to contact the race organiser and ask them to register as a UTMB Index race. This is free for event organizers to do and only takes a few minutes on utmb.world.
If the race is a UTMB World Series Event and/or UTMB Index race but no results are published, it is because we have not yet received the results from the race organizer. We will publish the results as soon as we receive them.
There might be a different spelling that prevents the system to attach your result to your profile. Use the tool ‘Claim your results’ to have your UTMB Index updated. We are checking the requests daily.
If the results are uploaded and your result has not been attached to your profile, there is an error in the information provided in your result. This has resulted in a new profile being created or the result being allocated to another runner. Possible reasons include an error in the spelling of your name / date of birth / nationality. If this is the case, please contact us by email at email@example.com, providing as much information as possible to help us resolve the issue.
In order to register during priority registration, you need to have a My UTMB account. You can create it while registering or simply log in if you created it previously.
This tool also helps you understand the new qualification requirements for races, see your upcoming registrations, check how many Running Stones you have collected, check your UTMB Index and enter future UTMB World Series Finals pre-registrations.
No, pricing will remain the same as advertised on the website, but priority registration gives you first access to the best prices before registrations open to the general public. With many events selling out quickly, priority access improves your chances of securing a place on the start line.
Please note that priority slots are limited, so it may sell out during the priority registration window! If the priority slots sell out, please try again during general registration opening.